Forget takeout: the path to sweet-spicy-savory dinner bliss is as simple as breaking out a frying pan! In this recipe, chicken is marinated in a tantalizing ponzu sauce. Tried-and-true steamed broccoli tossed with sesame seeds come together with the chicken over a bed of rice—in 30 minutes, no less! Now that’s a symphony of flavors and textures that are so delicious, you might just lick the plate.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Ponzu Sauce(ContainsFish, Soy, Wheat)
Rice Wine Vinegar
Sweet Soy Glaze(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Chicken Breast Strips
Miso Sauce Concentrate(ContainsSoy)
• Wash and dry produce. • Peel and mince or grate garlic. Peel and mince or grate half the ginger (all for 4 servings). Cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces if necessary.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels. • In a large bowl, whisk together ponzu, vinegar, cornstarch, and 1 TBSP sweet soy glaze (2 TBSP for 4 servings). (You’ll use the rest of the sweet soy glaze later.) Add chicken, garlic, and minced ginger; stir until chicken is thoroughly coated. • Set aside to marinate.
In a small pot, combine rice, 1¼ cups water (2¼ cups for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, heat a large, dry pan over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and 2 TBSP water; cover and steam until bright green, 4-5 minutes. • Uncover and add a large drizzle of oil, a pinch of sesame seeds (save the rest for serving), salt, and pepper. Cook, uncovered, until broccoli is tender and lightly charred and sesame seeds are toasted, 2-4 minutes more. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Wash out pan.
• Drain chicken, discarding marinade. • Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for broccoli over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken in a single layer. Cook until deeply browned on one side, 2-3 minutes. Continue to cook, stirring, until chicken is browned all over and cooked through, 2-3 minutes. • Add miso sauce concentrate and remaining sweet soy glaze; cook until sauce has thickened and chicken is coated, 2-3 minutes more. Remove pan from heat.
• Fluff rice with a fork and season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice between plates or bowls. Top rice with broccoli, chicken, and any remaining sauce from pan. (TIP: If needed, rewarm broccoli in the microwave for 30 seconds.) Sprinkle with a pinch of remaining sesame seeds and serve.