Forget takeout: the path to sweet-spicy-savory dinner bliss is as simple as breaking out a frying pan! In this recipe, chicken is marinated in a tantalizing ponzu sauce. Tried-and-true steamed broccoli tossed with sesame seeds come together with the chicken over a bed of rice—in 30 minutes, no less! Now that’s a symphony of flavors and textures that are so delicious, you might just lick the plate.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Ponzu Sauce(ContainsFish, Soy, Wheat)
Rice Wine Vinegar
Sweet Soy Glaze(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Chicken Breast Strips
Miso Sauce Concentrate(ContainsSoy)
• Wash and dry produce. • Peel and mince or grate garlic. Peel and mince or grate half the ginger (all for 4 servings). Cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces if necessary.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels. • In a large bowl, whisk together ponzu, vinegar, cornstarch, and 1 TBSP sweet soy glaze (2 TBSP for 4 servings). (You’ll use the rest of the sweet soy glaze later.) Add chicken, garlic, and minced ginger; stir until chicken is thoroughly coated. • Set aside to marinate.
In a small pot, combine rice, 1¼ cups water (2¼ cups for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, heat a large, dry pan over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and 2 TBSP water; cover and steam until bright green, 4-5 minutes. • Uncover and add a large drizzle of oil, a pinch of sesame seeds (save the rest for serving), salt, and pepper. Cook, uncovered, until broccoli is tender and lightly charred and sesame seeds are toasted, 2-4 minutes more. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Wash out pan.
• Drain chicken, discarding marinade. • Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for broccoli over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken in a single layer. Cook until deeply browned on one side, 2-3 minutes. Continue to cook, stirring, until chicken is browned all over and cooked through, 2-3 minutes. • Add miso sauce concentrate and remaining sweet soy glaze; cook until sauce has thickened and chicken is coated, 2-3 minutes more. Remove pan from heat.
• Fluff rice with a fork and season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice between plates or bowls. Top rice with broccoli, chicken, and any remaining sauce from pan. (TIP: If needed, rewarm broccoli in the microwave for 30 seconds.) Sprinkle with a pinch of remaining sesame seeds and serve.