Tuscan Trattoria Chicken & Kale Spaghetti
Looking for a new way to celebrate pasta night (aka the best night of literally every week)? Our chefs have got you covered with this rustic, Tuscan-inspired dish. Spaghetti is cooked until perfectly al dente, then tossed in a creamy Parmesan sauce. Bites of pan-roasted chicken are seasoned with Italian herbs for aromatic flavor and a bit of heat, while garlicky wilted kale is scattered throughout for tender texture. ImPASTAbly delicious!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Breast Strips
Tuscan Heat Spice
Cream Sauce Base
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Remove and discard any large stems from kale; roughly chop leaves. Peel and mince or grate garlic. Zest and quarter lemon. • Pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt, pepper, and half the Tuscan Heat Spice (all for 4 servings).
• Once water is boiling, add spaghetti to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 9-11 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water, then drain.
• While pasta cooks, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add kale and a splash of water. Cook until kale is wilted and very tender, 5-7 minutes. TIP: If necessary, cook kale in batches. • Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds; add lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. • Transfer to a plate.
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in pan used for kale over medium-high heat. Add chicken in a single layer; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes.
• Transfer kale to pan with chicken and reduce heat to medium low. Stir in cream sauce base, stock concentrate, and ¼ cup reserved pasta cooking water (½ cup for 4 servings). Bring to a simmer and cook until sauce is combined and thickened, 2-3 minutes.
• Add drained spaghetti and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) to pan with sauce; toss to combine. Add a squeeze of lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. If needed, stir in more reserved pasta cooking water a splash at a time until pasta is coated in a creamy sauce. • Divide pasta between bowls and top with Parmesan. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165º.