Balsamic Tomato & Herb Chicken
over Buttery Garlic Spaghetti
Chicken is always a weeknight winner. It’s satisfying, speedy, and so versatile, which is why our chefs are always brainstorming new ways to take it to the next level. This week, they went all out by coating cutlets in Italian herbs, then searing for an eye-catching crust and roasting with a blanket of mozzarella until the meat is tender and the cheese is melty. It’s all perched atop twirly garlicky spaghetti, then spooned with a warm balsamic tomato topping that’s laced with fresh parsley and chives. You’d be chicken not to try it.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Green Herb Blend
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry all produce. • Finely dice tomato. Thinly slice chives. Pick parsley leaves from stems; finely chop leaves. Peel and mince garlic.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels. Season with 1 tsp Italian Seasoning (2 tsp for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. (You’ll use the remaining Italian Seasoning later.) • Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, 2-3 minutes per side. • Transfer chicken to a baking sheet. Top with half the mozzarella (save the rest for serving). • Bake on top rack until chicken is cooked through and cheese has melted, 9-11 minutes.
• Once water is boiling, add spaghetti to pot. Cook until al dente, 9-11 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water, then drain. Keep empty pot handy for step 5.
• While pasta cooks, heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for chicken over mediumhigh heat. Add tomato and remaining Italian Seasoning. Cook, stirring, until slightly softened, 1-2 minutes. • Stir in vinegar and ¼ tsp sugar (½ tsp for 4 servings). Simmer until mixture is slightly thickened, 1 minute. • Remove pan from heat and stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until melted. Stir in chives and chopped parsley; season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat.
• Melt 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings) in pot used for pasta over low heat; stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Add drained spaghetti, 2 TBSP reserved pasta cooking water (4 TBSP for 4), and 1 TBSP butter. Toss to thoroughly combine. • Season generously with salt and pepper.
• Slice chicken crosswise if desired. • Divide spaghetti between bowls and top with chicken. Spoon balsamic tomato over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and serve.