Vegan Cajun Cauliflower Stew
over Basmati Rice
Cue the Zydeco music, because we’re taking you to the bayou! You’ll start by roasting up spiced cauliflower for this Cajun-inspired vegan stew. Meanwhile, the Creole holy trinity—onion, celery, and bell pepper—is happily caramelizing to the sound of a brass band off in the distance. A dose of tomatoes rounds it all out, and this delicious dish is ready in no time to ladle over fragrant, long-grain basmati rice. Like they say in NOLA: Laissez les bon temps roulez (Let the good times roll)!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Green Bell Pepper
Cajun Spice Blend
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Cut cauliflower into bite-size pieces if necessary. Halve, peel, and finely dice onion. Core, deseed, and finely dice bell pepper. Finely dice celery. Pick parsley leaves from stems; mince leaves.
• Toss cauliflower on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, half the Cajun Spice Blend (you’ll use the rest later), salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack until tender and golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, in a small pot, combine rice, half the stock concentrates, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and softened, 6-8 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper. • Add another drizzle of oil to pot. Sprinkle in flour and remaining Cajun Spice Blend; cook, stirring, until lightly toasted, 1-2 minutes more.
• Add diced tomatoes, remaining stock concentrates, and 1¼ cups water (2½ cups for 4 servings) to same pot; stir to combine, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pot. • Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until slightly thickened, 7-10 minutes. • Stir in roasted cauliflower and half the parsley. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Fluff rice with a fork. • Divide rice between bowls on one side; serve stew alongside rice. Garnish with remaining parsley and serve.