Vegan Cali-Style Zucchini & ’Shroom Bowls
with Lemon Herb Rice & Creamy Avocado Sauce
Get ready for a California-style vegan rice bowl overflowing with a bounty of veggies! You’ll top a fluffy bed of lemon-herb jasmine rice with tender, garlicky roasted zucchini, tomato, and red onion. Next come the mushrooms, sautéed with oregano until crisp and golden brown. Drizzle this beautiful bowl with a bright lemon-parsley guacamole sauce for an inspired dinner that shines a spotlight on just how delicious fresh vegetables can be (when you show ‘em a little love).
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Roasted Onion & Garlic Spread
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. • In a small pot, combine rice, 1¼ cups water (2¼ cups for 4 servings), and a large pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, wash and dry produce. • Slice zucchini on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. (TIP: If your zucchini is large, halve lengthwise first.) Cut tomato into ½-inch-thick wedges. Halve, peel, and cut onion into ½-inch-thick wedges.
• In a large bowl, toss zucchini, tomato, and onion with roasted garlic and onion spread, a large drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper until veggies are coated. • Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet in an even layer. Roast on middle rack until browned and tender, 14-16 minutes.
• Meanwhile, trim and quarter mushrooms (skip if your mushrooms are pre-sliced!). Zest and quarter lemon. Roughly chop parsley.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and half the oregano (all for 4 servings). Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and slightly crispy, 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
• In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, guacamole, half the parsley, and juice from one lemon wedge (two lemon wedges for 4 servings). • Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in remaining parsley, a big pinch of lemon zest, and juice from one lemon wedge (two lemon wedges for 4 servings). Taste and season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice between shallow bowls. Top with roasted veggies and mushrooms; drizzle with avocado sauce. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.