Vegan Sweet Chili Tofu Bowls
with Zesty Rice, Bell Pepper & Peanuts
Don’t get us wrong, plates are great—but there’s just something ‘bout a bowl! This one’s brimming with plant-powered goodness, thanks to crumbled tofu mixed with sautéed bell pepper and onion. Everything’s coated in a trio of tangy sauces—soy sauce, sweet soy glaze, and Thai chili sauce—then served over zesty lime rice and topped with peanuts and cilantro. Textured, flavorful, filling and vegan? This bowl’s gone above and beyond.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Mushroom Stock Concentrate
Sweet Soy Glaze
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
Not included in your delivery
• In a small pot, combine rice, 1 1⁄4 cups water (2 cups for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Wash and dry produce. • Halve, core, and thinly slice bell pepper into strips. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion. Zest and quarter lime. • Open and drain tofu; press out excess water with paper towels. Crumble tofu into pea-size pieces over a medium bowl.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium- high heat. Add bell pepper and onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until tender and lightly browned, 6-9 minutes. TIP: If veggies begin to brown too quickly, add a few splashes of water and continue cooking until liquid has evaporated. • Transfer veggies to a plate.
• Heat 2 TBSP oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add tofu and spread out in an even layer. Cook undisturbed until lightly browned on the bottom, 2-3 minutes. • Stir, then cook until lightly browned all over, 1-2 minutes more. • Turn off heat. Add veggies, soy sauce, stock concentrate, sweet soy glaze, chili sauce, and a squeeze of lime juice. Stir until tofu mixture is thoroughly coated.
• Fluff rice with fork and stir in lime zest to taste. Season with salt and pepper if desired. • Roughly chop peanuts. Finely chop cilantro.
• Divide rice between bowls. Top with tofu and veggies, peanuts, and cilantro. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.