Walnut Coated Chicken
with Salad, Creamy Greek Dressing & Feta
Here’s a meal that walnut disappoint. Oops, did we give away the magic ingredient? Yes, crushed walnuts combine with panko and oregano to form a satisfyingly crunchy coating for oven-roasted chicken cutlets. To balance the richness, we serve them with a big fresh Greek salad of mixed greens, tomato, cucumber, and scallions—all tossed with a creamy, dreamy Greek dressing and topped with feta. While we’re spilling secrets, pssst... we give you enough dressing so it can double as a sauce for the chicken.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Tree Nuts)
(Contains Eggs, Milk)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Place 2 TBSP butter (3 TBSP for 4 servings) in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until melted, 30 seconds. Let cool slightly. • While butter cools, finely chop walnuts or crush in their bag with a heavy-bottomed pan or rolling pin. • Add walnuts, panko, half the oregano (all for 4), ¼ tsp salt (½ tsp for 4), and pepper to bowl with melted butter. Stir to combine.
• In a small bowl, combine Greek vinaigrette and mayonnaise. Reserve 1 TBSP dressing (2 TBSP for 4 servings) for serving.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet. • Drizzle tops of chicken with a thin layer of dressing (you’ll use the rest in step 5); evenly spread. Mound with walnut coating, pressing firmly to adhere (no need to coat the undersides). • Roast on middle rack until crust is golden brown and chicken is cooked through, 15-20 minutes. Set aside to rest.
• Meanwhile, dice tomato into ¾-inch pieces; season with salt and pepper. Trim and halve cucumber lengthwise; slice crosswise into ¾-inch-thick half- moons. Trim and thinly slice scallions; reserve 1 TBSP scallion greens (2 TBSP for 4 servings) for serving.
• In a large bowl, toss mixed greens with as much remaining dressing as you like until evenly coated. Add tomato, cucumber, and remaining scallions; toss to combine.
• Divide chicken and salad between plates. Drizzle reserved dressing over chicken and garnish with reserved scallion greens. Crumble feta over salad and serve.