World's Best Cup Of Coffee (Cake) Brunch
with Candied Bacon, Oranges & Apple Slices
This brunch is so sweet and satisfying it should achieve “World’s Best” status. It’s our way of celebrating the 20th anniversary of an all-time favorite holiday movie: Elf. This spread comes complete with: candied bacon, juicy apple and orange slices, and pecan streusel-topped maple brown sugar muffins prepared in a cozy coffee mug and served with “sugar plum” jam dipping sauce! Gather the family and get into the holiday spirit with a rewatch (or a re-re-re-watch!) and a tasty themed treat made for sharing.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Granny Smith Apple
(Contains Eggs, Milk, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Roughly chop pecans. Halve, core, and thinly slice apple. Peel oranges and divide into segments.
• Place bacon* on a baking sheet in a single layer and evenly sprinkle with half the chili powder and one packet of brown sugar (all the chili powder and two packets of brown sugar for 4 servings). • Bake on top rack until bacon is crispy, 15-20 minutes. TIP: Watch carefully to avoid burning! Your bacon might be done sooner.
• Place 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings) in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave until softened, 20-30 seconds. Stir in cinnamon, pecans, and one packet of brown sugar (two packets for 4 servings) until thoroughly combined. Freeze until ready to use. • In a separate small bowl, whisk jam, powdered sugar, and one packet of sour cream (two packets for 4) until combined and smooth. Wash and dry whisk.
• In a large bowl, whisk together remaining sour cream and ¼ cup water (½ cup for 4 servings) until mostly smooth. • Add tempura batter mix, baking powder, maple syrup, remaining brown sugar, 2 TBSP white sugar, and ½ tsp salt (4 TBSP white sugar and 1 tsp salt for 4); whisk until thoroughly combined.
• Coat two microwave-safe mugs (four mugs for 4 servings) with nonstick cooking spray. Evenly pour batter into mugs. • Microwave until batter is almost set, 1-2 minutes. Evenly crumble streusel topping over mug muffins. Microwave in 30-second intervals until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and muffins spring back to the touch.
• Divide mug muffins, candied bacon, apple slices, and orange segments between plates. Serve jam dipper on the side for dipping.
Bacon is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145°.