Churro Waffle & Bacon Brunch Board
with Scrambled Eggs, Creamy Maple Sauce & Cinnamon Orange Slices
Bored with brunch? That's why we’re bringing you this epic brunch board! It’s got all the box office hits, the numero unos, the crème de la crèmes: churro-style waffles (that’s crispy, sweet, and cinnamony to you!) with an extra crisp and smoky bacon topper. There’s also scallion-studded scrambled eggs sprinkled with Parmesan, juicy cinnamon sugar-sprinkled orange slices, and a luscious maple syrup sauce swirled with crème fraîche to drizzle over everything. If that doesn’t get you and yours out of bed, we don’t know what will!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Eggs, Milk, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Heat a large dry, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon*; cook, turning occasionally and adjusting heat if browning too quickly, until crispy, 6-10 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Once cool enough to handle, roughly chop. • Let pan cool, carefully discard bacon fat, then wash out pan.
• While bacon cooks, wash and dry produce. • Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Halve orange; cut into thin wedges (we got eight wedges per orange).
• In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs*, half the crème fraîche, 2 TBSP water (4 TBSP for 4 servings), a pinch of salt, and pepper. Set aside. • In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat maple syrup until warm, 30-60 seconds. Whisk in remaining crème fraîche and 2 tsp water (4 tsp for 4) until smooth.
• In a second medium bowl, combine cinnamon and 2 TBSP sugar (4 TBSP for 4 servings). • Toast waffles until golden brown. • Immediately add hot waffles to bowl with cinnamon sugar, tossing to fully coat. (Reserve any remaining cinnamon sugar for Step 6.)
• Melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in pan used for bacon over medium heat. Add scallion whites. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Stir in egg mixture; cook, undisturbed, until just set, 30-45 seconds. Continue to cook, gently stirring in a figure-eight pattern, until curds form and eggs are scrambled to preference. • Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
• Transfer scrambled eggs to a serving plate and sprinkle with Parmesan and as many scallion greens as you like. • Transfer waffles to a second serving plate and top with creamy maple sauce and chopped bacon. Shingle orange slices on a third serving plate and sprinkle with any remaining cinnamon sugar. Serve family style.
Bacon is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145°.
Wash hands and surfaces after handling raw eggs. Consuming raw or undercooked eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.