Cinnamon Apple French Toast Bake
with Creamy Maple Glaze & Pecans
This oven-baked French toast has all the cozy vibes: crunchy pecans, apples, cinnamon, and a maple syrup glaze. Though it’s not your typical French toast, it’s still easy to make. Fluffy brioche buns and apples are soaked in a creamy egg mixture, tucked into a baking dish with butter, and baked until golden and custardy. Before serving, drizzle generously with maple syrup-crème fraîche glaze and sprinkle with pecans—it’s an apple-solutely perfect breakfast idea for your next gathering (or a special brekkie just for two).
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Soy, Eggs, Milk, Wheat)
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
• Arrange rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat an 8-by-8-inch baking dish (9-by-13-inch for 12 servings) with cooking spray or butter. Wash and dry produce.
• Halve, core, and dice apple into ½-inch pieces. Halve brioche buns, then quarter each half. In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 12 servings) until melted, about 30 seconds. In a large bowl, combine apple, brioche, and melted butter. Season with salt; toss to combine.
• In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 TBSP crème fraîche and 3 TBSP sugar, then whisk in eggs*, milk, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt until combined. (Use 4 TBSP crème fraîche and 6 TBSP sugar for 12 servings.) (It’s OK if you still see bits of crème fraîche!) Transfer egg mixture to bowl with brioche mixture and toss to evenly coat bread. Set aside to soak for 5 minutes.
• Transfer soaked brioche mixture to prepared baking dish and gently press into dish. Cut 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 12 servings) into small pieces and sprinkle over casserole. Tightly cover dish with foil. Bake on middle rack until lightly toasted and custardy in the middle, 35-40 minutes (remove foil for the last 5 minutes of baking to brown the top). Let rest at least 5 minutes before serving. (To make ahead, let cool completely, then cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.)
• When ready to serve, bring cream cheese to room temperature. Cut French toast bake into six pieces (twelve pieces for 12 servings) and reheat if necessary (see instructions at left). In a second small bowl, whisk together softened cream cheese, maple syrup, and remaining crème fraîche until well combined. Season with a pinch of salt. Divide French toast bake between plates. Drizzle with maple glaze and garnish with pecans.
Wash hands and surfaces after handling raw eggs. Consuming raw or undercooked eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.