Harissa Sweet Potato Pockets
with Avocado & Cucumber Dill Salad
All hail the pita! It’s light, fluffy, chewy, and holds pretty much anything you put in its roomy pockets—so if you’re going to make a pita sandwich, it better be fully loaded. This one does not disappoint: In addition to rounds of roasted sweet potato, it’s packed with slices of creamy avocado, an herby cucumber salad, pumpkin seeds, and a spicy harissa mayo.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Eggs, Soy)
White Wine Vinegar
Whole Wheat Pitas
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust racks to middle and top positions and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Slice sweet potatoes into ¼-inch-thick rounds. Toss on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, 1 tsp harissa powder (2 tsp for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt and pepper. (You’ll use more harissa powder later.) • Roast on middle rack, flipping halfway through, until tender, 18-20 minutes.
• While sweet potatoes roast, peel and mince or grate half the garlic clove (whole clove for 4 servings). Halve cucumber lengthwise; thinly slice crosswise into half-moons. Pick and roughly chop fronds from dill until you have 2 tsp (4 tsp for 4). Halve, pit, and peel avocado, then thinly slice.
• In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, a pinch of minced garlic, and a pinch of remaining harissa powder. Taste and add more garlic and harissa powder if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
• In a medium bowl, toss together cucumber, chopped dill, vinegar, a drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
• Halve pitas crosswise to create pockets; place on a second baking sheet. • When sweet potatoes have 2-3 minutes left, add pitas to top rack and toast until warmed through (they should still be soft and flexible).
• Spread harissa mayo inside each toasted pita half, then fill with sweet potatoes, avocado, a few pepitas, and a small amount of cucumber salad. • Divide stuffed pitas between plates. Serve with remaining cucumber salad on the side; sprinkle with remaining pepitas.