Surf ’n’ turf meets hibachi-style cooking for this twist on a steakhouse classic. Bavette steaks are seared for a satisfying crust, then sliced and piled over garlic rice along with spiced shrimp and sesame roasted zucchini. Feeling saucy? Don’t worry—this dish has got not one, but TWO sauces. A warm, sweet soy glaze is drizzled over the steak, while on the side, a creamy, spicy yum yum sauce is perfect for dipping each bite. Who needs a restaurant menu when you’ve got all that?
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Sweet Soy Glaze(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Peel and mince or grate garlic. Trim and slice zucchini into ½-inch-thick rounds. • In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, 1 tsp ketchup (we sent more), 1 tsp Fry Seasoning (you’ll use the rest later), ½ tsp sugar, and sriracha to taste. (For 4 servings, use 2 tsp ketchup, 2 tsp Fry Seasoning, and 1 tsp sugar.) Season with salt and pepper.
• Melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, toss zucchini on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle each round with sesame seeds (save any remaining sesame seeds for serving). • Roast on top rack until zucchini is tender and sesame seeds are lightly browned, 14-16 minutes. TIP: If needed, broil for an additional 1-2 minutes to toast the sesame seeds.
• Meanwhile, pat steak* dry with paper towels and season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook to desired doneness, 5-7 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer to a cutting board to rest. Wipe out pan.
• Pat shrimp* dry with paper towels and season with remaining Fry Seasoning, salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for steak over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque and cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
• Pour sweet soy glaze into a second small microwave-safe bowl; cover with plastic wrap and microwave until warmed through, 1 minute. • Fluff rice with a fork and season with salt and pepper. Thinly slice steak across the grain. • Divide rice, zucchini, steak, and shrimp between plates. Top steak with sweet soy glaze and sprinkle with any remaining sesame seeds. Serve with spicy special sauce.