Our grilling cheese is an amazing protein-packed staple to add to any dish—especially in this 25-minute meal! When you fry it up, it gets perfectly gooey on the inside, and crispy on the outside... Coat it in za’atar and it's the star of the show in tonight’s hearty vegetarian dinner. The cheesy slabs are served atop crisp romaine, fresh cucumber, zesty marinated tomato and red onion, and tossed with a sweet Greek vinaigrette. And since no salad is complete without some crunch, this one has pita chips crushed on top!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Whole Wheat Pitas(ContainsWheat)
Baby Romaine Lettuce
Greek Vinaigrette(ContainsMilk, Eggs)
• Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Peel and mince or grate garlic. • In a small, microwave-safe bowl, combine garlic with 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings). Microwave until butter has melted, 30 seconds. • Brush pitas all over with garlic butter; cut each pita into 8 wedges. Arrange on a baking sheet; season generously all over with salt and pepper. • Bake on middle rack until chips are browned and crisp, 11-13 minutes. Wash out bowl.
• Meanwhile, zest and quarter lemon. Halve, peel, and thinly slice half the onion (whole onion for 4 servings). Dice tomato into ¾-inch pieces. Trim and discard root end from lettuce; chop leaves into bite-size pieces until you have 3 cups (6 cups for 4). Halve cucumber lengthwise; slice into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. TIP: Keep grilling cheese in fridge until just before cooking to keep it from melting in the pan.
• In bowl used for garlic butter, whisk together juice from two lemon wedges, ¼ tsp sugar, and a pinch of salt (for 4 servings, use three lemon wedges, ½ tsp sugar, and a big pinch of salt). • Add sliced onion and tomato; toss to coat. Set aside, stirring occasionally.
• Slice grilling cheese into four large pieces (eight pieces for 4 servings). Place Za’atar Spice on a plate. Coat cheese in spice, pressing to adhere. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium high heat. Add cheese and cook until browned, 1-2 minutes per side (cook in batches if necessary). • Set aside on a plate to cool slightly.
• In a large bowl, combine lettuce, cucumber, and marinated onion and tomato (draining first). • Wipe out bowl used for onion and tomato; add Greek Vinaigrette and ½ tsp sugar (1 tsp for 4 servings).
• Add dressing to bowl with salad; toss to coat. Crush pita chips into bite- size pieces; add to salad and toss to combine. • Slice cheese into bite-size pieces. • Divide salad between plates; top with cheese and as much lemon zest as you like. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.