Make-Ahead Cheesy Bacon Biscuit Bombs
3x the delicious servings!
We’re serving up all your favorite breakfast flavors in a flaky buttermilk biscuit! These loaded bacon and cheese biscuit bombs are super-easy to make ahead and have onhand for busy mornings, snacks, or even to pack for school or work. You’ll simply roll out biscuit dough, top with a creamy, garlicky filling of cheddar, Monterey Jack, cream cheese, and crispy bacon, then roll 'em up into balls, and bake until golden brown and puffed. You can serve these crowd-pleasers right away with a luscious side of scallion butter, or stash in the fridge until you’re ready to reheat.
Make Ahead Breakfast: This recipe is triple the typical servings, providing 6 servings and 12 servings for a 2 person and 4 person box respectively.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Monterey Jack Cheese
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 12 servings) and preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bring 8 TBSP butter (12 TBSP for 12) to room temperature. TIP: Keep biscuits refrigerated until ready to roll out; they’re easier to work with when cold.
• Heat a large dry pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon*; cook, turning occasionally and adjusting heat if browning too quickly, until crispy, 6-10 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Once cool enough to handle, roughly chop.
• Meanwhile, wash and dry produce. Finely chop scallions, separating whites from greens. Peel and mince or grate garlic.
• Place scallion whites, garlic, and 2 TBSP more butter (4 TBSP for 12 servings) in a medium microwave-safe bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave until butter has melted, 45-60 seconds. Uncover and stir in cream cheese until combined, then stir in cheddar, Monterey Jack, and chopped bacon. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Remove biscuits from package. Using a rolling pin, roll out each biscuit into a 3-inch round. (TIP: If you don’t have a rolling pin, press into rounds with your fingers!) Divide filling between biscuits (1 TBSP per round). Gently fold edges over filling and pinch tightly to close. Gently roll each stuffed biscuit into a ball. TIP: Double-check the seal after rolling to ensure the filling stays inside!
• Place biscuit bombs, seam sides down, on a lightly oiled baking sheet (divide between two sheets for 12 servings). Bake on top rack (top and middle racks for 12) until golden and puffed, 13-15 minutes.
• Meanwhile, in a small bowl (medium bowl for 12 servings), combine scallion greens and softened butter. (TIP: Microwave butter for 10 seconds to soften if needed.) Season with salt and pepper.
• Let biscuit bombs cool 5 minutes. Divide between plates and serve with scallion butter on the side.
Bacon is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145°.