Move over quesadillas. These days, we’re all about tortilla melts! In all seriousness, though, our newest culinary invention is really just a spin on its south of the border cousin. Similarly, our tortilla melts are golden and crispy on the outside and packed with flavor (...and cheese). Inside, there’s a deeply savory mushroom and onion mixture, plus cheddar and Monterey Jack. It’s drizzled with lemony crema and served alongside an apple-studded salad. Prepare to melt!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Mushroom Stock Concentrate
Flour Tortillas(ContainsWheat, Soy)
Monterey Jack Cheese(ContainsMilk)
• Wash and dry all produce. • Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 7-9 minutes. TIP: Lower heat and add a splash of water if onion begins to brown too quickly.
• While onion cooks, halve lemon. Halve, core, and thinly slice apple. Trim and thinly slice mushrooms. • In a small bowl, combine sour cream, ½ tsp Fry Seasoning (1 tsp for 4 servings), and a squeeze of lemon juice to taste; season with salt and pepper. (You’ll use the rest of the Fry Seasoning in the next step.) • In a large bowl, toss apple and mixed greens with a drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
• Once onion is softened, add mushrooms and a drizzle of oil to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and onion is caramelized, 2-4 minutes. Season with remaining Fry Seasoning, salt, and pepper. • Add stock concentrate and 2 TBSP water (4 TBSP for 4 servings). Cook, stirring, until liquid has mostly evaporated, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. TIP: For an extra-rich filling, stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4). • Turn off heat; transfer filling to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• Place tortillas on a clean work surface. Evenly sprinkle with cheddar, then top with mushroom filling and Monterey Jack. Fold tortillas in half to create tortilla melts.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for mushroom mixture over medium-high heat. Working in batches if needed, add tortilla melts and cook until golden brown on the first side, 1-2 minutes. Flip and cook 1 minute more. • Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
• Transfer tortilla melts to a cutting board; slice into three wedges each. • Divide tortilla melts and salad between plates. Serve with crema on the side for dipping.