Combining tender meat, crunchy pickled veggies, fresh cilantro, spicy chilies, and creamy spreads, the Vietnamese banh mi is one of our all-time favorite sandwiches. Here, we take all those same flavors and textures and channel them into some seriously delicious tacos. Tangy-sweet chicken is piled into warm tortillas with sautéed carrots, pickled cucumber, cilantro, and Sriracha mayo. Taco ’bout an epic dinner!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Chicken Breast Strips
Rice Wine Vinegar
Flour Tortillas(ContainsWheat, Soy)
Sweet Soy Glaze(ContainsWheat, Soy)
• Wash and dry produce. • Halve lime. Trim and halve cucumber lengthwise; thinly slice crosswise into half-moons. Finely chop cilantro. • Pat chicken* dry with paper towels.
• In a small bowl, combine half the vinegar (you’ll use the rest later), juice from half the lime, ½ tsp sugar (1 tsp for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. • Stir in cucumber. Set aside to quick-pickle.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add carrots; cook, stirring, until just tender, 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Stir in sweet soy glaze and remaining vinegar. Bring to a simmer, then immediately turn off heat. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• In a second small bowl, combine mayonnaise with Sriracha to taste. Season with salt. Stir in water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency.
• Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds. • Divide tortillas between plates and fill with saucy chicken, carrots, pickled cucumber (draining first), and cilantro. Drizzle with Sriracha mayo. Cut remaining lime half into wedges and serve on the side.