Serious about steak? So are our chefs! That’s why they took sirloin to the next level by topping it with a luxurious pan sauce. Here, roasted garlic and rich beef demi-glace mingle with the fond (aka the crispy bits and drippings left in the pan after cooking the meat) to create a condiment you’ll want to drizzle over just about everything… especially the chive-flecked mashed potatoes and roasted broccoli on the side.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
• Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces if necessary. Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Thinly slice chives. • Peel garlic. Place whole clove in the center of a small piece of foil; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cinch into a packet.
• Place garlic foil packet on a baking sheet. • Toss broccoli on same sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on middle rack until browned and tender, 15-20 minutes.
• Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender when pierced with a fork, 15-20 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid, then drain and return potatoes to pot. Mash with sour cream, salt, and pepper until smooth and creamy, adding reserved potato cooking liquid a splash at a time as needed. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While potatoes cook, pat steak* very dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. • Add steak and cook to desired doneness, 5-7 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer steak to a cutting board to rest for at least 5 minutes. Wipe out pan.
• Once garlic is done, carefully transfer to a cutting board and mash with a fork until smooth. • Melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in pan used for steak over medium heat. Add mashed garlic (start with half and add more to taste); cook for 1 minute. • Stir in demi-glace and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4). Simmer until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat. • Stir in another 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) and any resting juices from steak. Season with salt and pepper.
• Slice steak against the grain. Fold half the chives into mashed potatoes. • Divide potatoes, broccoli, and steak between plates. Top steak and potatoes with sauce. Garnish with remaining chives and serve.