Smoky Barramundi with Brown Butter
plus a side of Mashed Sweet Potatoes & Roasted Broccoli
Fishing for a square meal that’s bursting with flavor? We’ve got just the thing! For the main event, there’s crispy, smoked-paprika-rubbed barramundi fillets drizzled with a lemony, scallion-studded brown butter sauce. On the side, there’s roasted broccoli and sour cream mashed sweet potatoes. It’s never been more hip to be square.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust racks to top and middle positions and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Peel and dice sweet potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Zest and halve lemon. • 4 SERVINGS: Zest and halve 1 lemon; quarter second lemon.
• Place sweet potatoes in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain and return sweet potatoes to pot. • Mash with sour cream and 1 TBSP butter until smooth. Season generously with salt and pepper. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 TBSP butter.
• While sweet potatoes cook, cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces, if necessary; toss on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until golden brown and crispy, 15-20 minutes.
• While broccoli roasts, pat barramundi* dry with paper towels. Rub each fillet with a drizzle of oil. Season generously all over with salt and pepper, then rub paprika into flesh sides. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add barramundi skin sides down; cook until skin is crispy, 3 minutes. Turn off heat. • Transfer to a second lightly oiled baking sheet (skin sides down). Roast on middle rack until cooked through, 10-12 minutes.
• Meanwhile, heat pan used for barramundi over medium heat. Add 2 TBSP butter and scallion whites. Cook, carefully swirling butter, until foamy and flecked with amber brown bits, 2-3 minutes. • Turn off heat and squeeze in juice from half the lemon. Stir in lemon zest and season with salt and pepper. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 4 TBSP butter.
• Divide sweet potatoes, barramundi, and broccoli between plates. Top sweet potatoes and barramundi with brown butter and sprinkle with scallion greens. • Cut remaining lemon into wedges and serve on the side. • TIP: If brown butter is done before the rest of the meal, reheat over low heat, stirring, for 1 minute.