Spicy Chicken Satay Skewers
with Pickled Cucumber-Carrot Salad & Garlic Peanut Rice
This tantalizing meal is inspired by a street food favorite: Indonesian satay. Tender chicken is skewered, roasted, and glazed with a luscious sweet-and-tangy peanut sauce (peanut butter, chili sauce, miso, and ponzu), then served on peanutty rice and more sauce on the side. A bright, pickled carrot-cucumber salad makes for a refreshing side to everyones’ delight.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
Miso Sauce Concentrate
(Contains Fish, Soy, Wheat)
Rice Wine Vinegar
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place skewers in a shallow dish and cover with water to soak. Wash and dry produce. • Peel and mince garlic. Halve cucumbers lengthwise; slice into ½-inch-thick halfmoons. Trim and peel carrots. Using a peeler, shave carrots lengthwise into ribbons, rotating as you go, until you get to the core. Discard core.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and half the peanuts; cook, stirring, until fragrant and lightly browned, 30-60 seconds. • Stir in rice and ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings); bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4). Season with salt and pepper. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, in a large bowl, combine vinegar with 1 tsp sugar (2 tsp for 4 servings); stir until dissolved. Add cucumbers and carrots; stir to combine. Set aside to pickle, tossing occasionally.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels; cut each cutlet into four equal strips. Season all over with salt and pepper. Thread chicken onto skewers. • Place chicken skewers on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Roast on top rack until golden brown and cooked through, 12-15 minutes.
• While chicken roasts, in a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine peanut butter, chili sauce, miso sauce concentrate, and ponzu. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave until warmed, 30-40 seconds. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. • In the last 2 minutes of roasting, remove sheet with chicken skewers from oven; carefully brush on a thin layer of peanut sauce (save the rest for serving). Return to oven; roast until sauce thickens, 2-3 minutes more.
• Divide rice between plates. Top with chicken skewers and salad. Garnish chicken and rice with remaining peanuts. Serve with remaining peanut sauce for dipping or drizzling.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.