Sweet Heat Fig & Prosciutto Pita Pizzas
with Arugula Salad & Pecans
Is it a pizza? Is it a salad? Yes, and yes! And it’s all wrapped up in one delicious, nutritious 10-minute package. You’ll top a fluffy whole wheat pita with a blend of Italian cheeses, give it a quick zap in the microwave (hello, melty goodness) then toss together a peppery arugula salad with crunchy pecans and salty prosciutto in a lemon-fig-olive oil vinaigrette. Finish your pita pizza with a big pile of salad and, if you’re a heat seeker, a sprinkle (or two) of chili flakes. It’s a sweet two-for-one lunch idea that’s hard to pass up!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Whole Wheat Pitas
(Contains Sesame, Wheat)
Italian Cheese Blend
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce.
• Halve lemon. Tear or slice prosciutto into bite-size pieces.
• Place pitas on a microwave-safe plate. Reserve 1 TBSP Italian cheese blend for serving; top pitas with remaining cheese. Microwave until cheese just melts and pitas are soft, 40-50 seconds. (You may need to microwave in batches.)
• In a large bowl, whisk together jam, juice from half the lemon (whole lemon for 4 servings), a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper, and as many chili flakes as you like. Add arugula, pecans, and half the prosciutto; toss until thoroughly coated.
• Cut cheesy pitas into quarters and sprinkle with remaining prosciutto. Top with salad and reserved Italian cheese blend.
• Divide pita pizzas between plates and serve.