Sweet Potato & Poblano Quesadillas
with Southwest Crema & Radish Tomato Salsa
As we’ve grown more sophisticated in this life, so have our quesadillas. Gone are the days of the microwaved renditions of our youth (they got the job done, but they definitely weren’t delicious). This version is jam-packed with flavorful roasted sweet potato and poblano, plus two types of gooey, melty cheese (did you really think we could choose just one?!). Of course, we could never forget about the toppings—here, there’s a crunchy radish salsa and dollops of spiced lime crema. Now for the fun part: piling on a little bit of everything to construct the perfect bite!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Southwest Spice Blend
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Mexican Cheese Blend
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Peel and dice sweet potato into ½-inch pieces. Toss on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack, tossing halfway through, until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• While sweet potato roasts, core, deseed, and dice poblano. Halve, peel, and dice onion; mince a few pieces until you have 1 TBSP (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Trim and finely dice radishes. Dice tomato. Finely chop cilantro. Quarter lime. • Place ½ tsp Southwest Spice (1 tsp for 4) in a small bowl and reserve for step 4 (you’ll use the rest in the next step).
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add poblano and diced onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until tender, 5-7 minutes. • Once sweet potato is done roasting, add to pan along with remaining Southwest Spice. Cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Turn off heat.
• In a medium bowl, combine radishes, tomato, cilantro, minced onion, a squeeze of lime juice, and a large drizzle of olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper. • To bowl with reserved Southwest Spice, add sour cream, a squeeze of lime juice, and a pinch of salt. Stir in water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency.
• Place tortillas on a clean work surface. • In a second small bowl, combine Mexican cheese and mozzarella. • Sprinkle half the cheese mixture onto one side of tortillas. Top with cooked veggies, then sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture. Fold tortillas in half to create quesadillas.
• Wash out pan used for veggies. Heat a drizzle of oil in pan over mediumhigh heat; add quesadillas and cook until tortillas are golden brown and cheese melts, 2-4 minutes per side. TIP: Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to work in batches. • Cut quesadillas into wedges and divide between plates. Top with salsa and crema. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.