Szechuan Chicken Quinoa Bowls
with Bell Pepper & Red Cabbage
We love a good fluffy rice, but sometimes you just need a little nutty flavor and the beady texture of quinoa. These stir-fry bowls feature Szechuan-coated chicken, bell pepper, and cabbage all served over a bed of quinoa. Let us introduce you to the newest bowl you’re bound to lick clean… you’re welcome!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Green Bell Pepper
Shredded Red Cabbage
Sweet Soy Glaze
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • Peel and mince garlic. Halve, core, and thinly slice bell pepper into strips.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in 1 cup water and ¼ tsp salt (2 cups water and ½ tsp salt for 4 servings). Bring to a boil, then add quinoa; cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until quinoa is tender and water has evaporated, 15-20 minutes. TIP: Drain any excess water if necessary. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While quinoa cooks, pat chicken* dry with paper towels and cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick strips. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer chicken to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for chicken over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and cabbage; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
• Add sweet soy glaze, half the Szechuan paste, half the cornstarch, 1⁄3 cup water, and 1 tsp sugar to pan with veggies. (For 4 servings, use all the Szechuan paste, all the cornstarch, ½ cup water, and 2 tsp sugar.) Stir to combine. • Add chicken and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce is slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes.
• Fluff quinoa with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). • Divide quinoa between bowls and top with chicken and veggie stir-fry. Spoon any remaining sauce from pan on top and serve.