Tex-Mex Turkey Patties
with Fajita Veggies, Lime Slaw & Creamy Guacamole
Ah, the humble turkey patty. Simple, adaptable, flavorful—seriously, what’s not to love? In this Tex-Mex dish, the patties are infused with fajita spices, garlic, and lime zest, then drizzled with creamy guacamole and garnished with scallions. Everything’s nestled into a bed of sautéed green pepper and onion, along with a creamy cabbage and carrot slaw. And, for the ultimate patty trick (see what we did there?), you’ll have everything plated in about 35 minutes. Weeknight win!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Long Green Pepper
Red Cabbage & Carrot Mix
Fajita Spice Blend
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens; mince whites. Zest and quarter lime. Peel and mince or grate garlic. Halve, deseed, and slice green pepper into 1⁄2-inch strips. Halve, peel, and slice onion into 1⁄2-inch-thick wedges.
• In a medium bowl (large bowl for 4 servings), combine red cabbage and carrot mix, mayonnaise, half the sour cream, half the scallion greens, half the lime zest, juice from half the lime (whole lime for 4), and 1⁄2 tsp sugar (1 tsp for 4). Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. • In a small bowl, combine guacamole with remaining sour cream. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, combine turkey*, garlic, scallion whites, panko, Tex Mex paste, half the Fajita Spice Blend, remaining lime zest, and 1 TBSP water (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Mix gently until thoroughly combined. • Form turkey mixture into 6 1 1⁄2-inch meatballs (12 meatballs for 4). (TIP: Coat hands with oil first to prevent sticking.) Set aside on a plate.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add green pepper, onion, remaining Fajita Spice Blend, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned, 5-7 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wash out pan.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs; gently press down with a spatula to make 1⁄2-inch-thick patties. (For 4 servings, cook in batches if necessary.) Cook until browned and cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side.
• Divide fajita veggies and slaw between plates. Top veggies with turkey patties. Top patties with creamy guacamole and remaining scallion greens. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.