Turkey, Beans ’n’ Greens Stuffed Peppers
with Creamy Hummus
Mild, earthy, sweet, and perfect for stuffing, bell peppers are one of our favorite ingredients for a quick (and delicious!) weeknight dinner idea. For this vegan spin on a classic, we toss springy, scallion-flecked pearl couscous with Italian-seasoned cannellini beans, kale, and tomatoes to make a hearty, flavorful stuffing. Once filled and baked, the peppers are topped with a drizzle of garlicky hummus sauce before serving. After dinner, you’ll be pleasantly stuffed, too!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Halve bell peppers lengthwise; remove stems and seeds. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Remove and discard any large stems from kale; chop into bite-size pieces. Quarter lemon. Drain and rinse beans. Dice tomato into ½-inch pieces.
• Place pepper halves on a baking sheet and rub all over with a drizzle of oil. Season with salt and pepper, then arrange cut sides down. • Roast on top rack until browned and softened, 15-18 minutes.
• Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites, ½ tsp Italian Seasoning (1 tsp for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. (You’ll use more Italian Seasoning later.) Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 2-3 minutes. • Add couscous, half the stock concentrates, and ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4). Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until tender, 6-8 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to use in Step 5.
• While couscous cooks, in a small bowl, combine hummus, 1 TBSP olive oil (2 TBSP for 4 servings), and ¼ tsp garlic powder (½ tsp for 4). (You’ll use the rest of the garlic powder in the next step.) Stir in water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken or turkey in a single layer; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add kale, remaining garlic powder, 1 tsp Italian Seasoning (2 tsp for 4 servings), juice from one lemon wedge (two wedges for 4), a splash of water, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring and adding more splashes of water as needed, until kale is tender and water has evaporated, 5-7 minutes. • Stir in beans, tomato, couscous, remaining stock concentrate, and a drizzle of olive oil; cook, stirring, until warmed through, 1-2 minutes. Remove pan from heat; taste and season with salt and pepper.
Use pan used for chicken or turkey here. Stir chicken or turkey into filling along with beans.
• Once peppers are done roasting, remove sheet from oven. Carefully stuff with half the filling. • Divide remaining filling between plates; top with stuffed peppers. Drizzle with creamy hummus and sprinkle with scallion greens. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.
Ground Turkey is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.