Move over potatoes: There’s a new mash in town! Cannellini beans are simmered and mashed with crème fraîche for richness and a hit of tang. They’re the perfect landing pad for seared chicken breasts seasoned with our spicy Tuscan Heat blend. Simply roasted green beans and a drizzle of balsamic tomato sauce complete the meal. We bet the real reason Diane Lane went to Tuscany in that movie was in search of this dish.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Tuscan Heat Spice
Chicken Stock Concentrate
• Preheat oven to 425 degrees and adjust rack to top position. Wash and dry produce. • Drain cannellini beans over a small bowl; reserve liquid. Trim green beans if necessary. Dice tomato into ½-inch pieces.
• Melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a medium pot over medium heat. Add cannellini beans and cook, stirring, until slightly softened, 2-3 minutes. • Add ¼ cup reserved bean liquid (½ cup for 4). Simmer until warmed through, 1-2 minutes. • Remove from heat. Stir in crème fraîche. Using a potato masher or fork, mash beans until mostly smooth. Season generously with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
• Meanwhile, toss green beans on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 12-15 minutes.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels. Season with half the Tuscan Heat Spice (you’ll use the rest in the next step), salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Remove from pan and set aside.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for chicken over medium-high heat. Add tomato and remaining Tuscan Heat Spice. Cook, stirring, until slightly softened, 1-2 minutes. • Stir in balsamic vinegar, stock concentrate, ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings), and ¼ tsp sugar (½ tsp for 4). Simmer until reduced and slightly thickened, 2-4 minutes. • Remove from heat. Stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4); season with salt and pepper.
• If mashed beans have cooled, reheat over medium heat along with a splash of water, stirring constantly, until warmed through. • Slice chicken crosswise. • Divide mashed beans and roasted green beans between plates. Top mashed beans with chicken. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.