Vegan Peanut Sesame Noodle Stir-Fry
with Cabbage, Pickled Cucumber, Scallions & Cilantro
Falling into a stir-fry rut? We’ve got a vegan dinner idea for you! It stars bok choy, carrots, and napa cabbage, sautéed with scallions, then simmered in a savory-sweet blend of soy sauce, hoisin, peanut butter, and coconut milk until the sauce is thick and the veggies are glossy. Everything’s tossed with slurpable, chewy ramen noodles, then topped with tangy, spicy pickled cukes, scallions, cilantro, and sesame seeds. Dinner winner? We think so.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Rice Wine Vinegar
Korean Chili Flakes
Bok Choy and Napa Cabbage
(Contains Tree Nuts)
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Halve cucumber lengthwise; thinly slice crosswise into half-moons. Trim scallions. Cut scallion whites crosswise into 1-inch pieces; thinly slice greens. Roughly chop cilantro.
• In a small bowl, combine cucumber, vinegar, half the sesame seeds (you’ll use the rest later), ½ tsp sugar (1 tsp for 4 servings), ½ tsp salt (1 tsp for 4), and as many chili flakes as you like. Set aside to pickle.
• Once water is boiling, add noodles to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 1-2 minutes. • Drain and thoroughly rinse under cold water until cooled, about 30 seconds. Toss with a drizzle of oil; set aside.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pot used for noodles over medium-high heat. Add bok choy and Napa cabbage, carrots, and scallion whites; season with ¼ tsp salt (½ tsp for 4 servings) and a pinch of pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and tender, 3-4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
• Thoroughly shake coconut milk in container before opening. • Add hoisin, soy sauce, peanut butter, and half the coconut milk (you’ll use more in the next step) to pot with veggies; stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low. Cook until sauce is slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes.
• Add drained noodles to pot; toss to combine. If needed, stir in remaining coconut milk a splash at a time until everything is thoroughly coated in sauce. • Remove pot from heat; stir in half the cucumber pickling liquid. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
• Divide stir-fry between bowls and arrange pickled cucumber (draining first) alongside. Top with scallion greens, cilantro, remaining sesame seeds, and as many remaining chili flakes as you like. Serve.