Vegan Smoky BBQ Mushroom Sloppy Joes
with Cilantro Lime Slaw, Potato Wedges & Hot Sauce
Our talented chefs work overtime to bring you the tastiest vegan recipes, and this one is a true gem. Earthy spiced mushrooms star in this plant-based spin on Sloppy Joes, with a supporting role going to caramelized onion draped in a tangy-sweet barbecue sauce. It’s all tucked together into a crusty baguette with lime-cilantro slaw for fresh, crunchy contrast (and as much hot sauce as you like). A side of crispy golden potato wedges rounds out this wholesome, colorful vegan dinner idea.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Red Cabbage & Carrot Mix
Mushroom Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Cut potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges. Trim and slice mushrooms into ¼-inch-thick pieces (skip if your mushrooms are pre-sliced!). Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion. Roughly chop cilantro. Zest and quarter lime.
• Toss potatoes on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, half the Fry Seasoning (you’ll use the rest in the next step), salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 18-20 minutes.
• Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss mushrooms with a large drizzle of olive oil, paprika, remaining Fry Seasoning, salt, and pepper. • In a small bowl, combine BBQ sauce, stock concentrate, ¼ cup water (½ cup for 4 servings), and a pinch of sugar.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, 4-5 minutes. • Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and tender, 4-5 minutes. • Reduce heat to low; stir in BBQ sauce mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens and filling is coated, 2-3 minutes more. Remove pan from heat.
• While filling cooks, in a second medium bowl, combine cabbage and carrot mix, cilantro, lime zest, juice from half the lime (juice from whole lime for 4 servings), a drizzle of olive oil, ½ tsp sugar (1 tsp for 4), and a pinch of salt and pepper. • Slice baguettes lengthwise, stopping before you get all the way through. Toast until golden brown.
• Fill toasted baguettes with BBQ mushroom mixture and as much hot sauce as you like (we highly recommend adding a bit of slaw to your sloppy joes too!). • Divide sloppy joes, potato wedges, and any remaining slaw between plates. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.