Vegan Tex-Mex Sweet Potato Stew
with Green Beans, Lime Pepita Rice & Cilantro
This warming, spicy-sweet vegan dinner idea comes together in one loaded pot. After browning sweet potatoes, onion, and garlic, you’ll add cilantro and our slightly sweet, slightly spicy Tex-Mex paste and simmer until tender. Next you’ll stir in roasted green beans, ladle the stew beside fluffy lime-scented rice studded with crisp roasted pumpkin seeds, and finish with a sprinkle of cilantro and bright squeeze of lime.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Mushroom Stock Concentrate
Ancho Chili Powder
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust racks to top and middle positions and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and cut green beans into 2-inch pieces. Peel and mince or grate garlic. Peel and dice sweet potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Halve, peel, and dice onion into ½-inch pieces. Roughly chop cilantro. Zest and quarter lime.
• Toss green beans on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 10-12 minutes.
• Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot (medium pot for 4 servings) over medium-high heat. Add half the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. • Stir in rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4), and a pinch of salt; bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pot (large pot for 4 servings) over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes, onion, and remaining garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is browned and softened, 5-7 minutes.
• Meanwhile, spread pepitas across a second baking sheet. Roast on middle rack until browned and fragrant, 5 minutes. (TIP: Watch the pepitas closely; they can burn easily!) Transfer pepitas to a plate.
• To pot with sweet potato mixture, stir in Tex-Mex paste, stock concentrates, tomato paste, half the chili powder, half the cilantro, 1½ cups water, and ¼ tsp sugar. (For 4 servings, use all the chili powder, 3 cups water, and ½ tsp sugar.) • Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sweet potatoes are tender, 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat. • Stir in roasted green beans.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in roasted pepitas, a drizzle of olive oil, and as much lime zest as you like. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed. • Divide rice and sweet potato stew between bowls in separate sections; garnish stew with remaining cilantro. Serve with lime wedges on the side.