There are so many reasons why we love a hearty wrap… but the main one? We get to enjoy our favorite veggies, proteins, and sauces all at the same time in a portable format! This vegan version stars crispy spiced chickpeas, roasted zucchini, and red onion, tossed with fresh herbs and wrapped up in a warm tortilla with garlicky lemon- and cumin-scented rice. On the side, there’s extra rice and veg, plus lemony hummus garnished with crunchy almonds.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Flour Tortillas(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Sliced Almonds(ContainsTree Nuts)
Turkish Spice Blend
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Halve, peel, and cut onion into ½-inch-thick wedges; mince a few wedges until you have 2 TBSP (4 TBSP for 4). Trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons. Drain and rinse chickpeas; pat very dry with paper towels.
• Toss onion wedges, zucchini, and chickpeas on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, half the Turkish Spice Blend (all for 4 servings), a big pinch of salt, and pepper. (For 4, divide everything between two baking sheets; roast on top and middle racks, tossing veggies and swapping rack positions halfway through roasting.) • Roast on top rack, tossing halfway through, until veggies are tender and lightly charred and chickpeas are crispy, 18-20 minutes. (It’s natural for chickpeas to pop a bit while roasting.)
• While veggies and chickpeas roast, heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot (use a medium pot for 4 servings) over medium-high heat. Add rice, minced onion, half the garlic powder (all for 4), half the cumin (all for 4), and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring, until toasted and fragrant, 1 minute. • Stir in ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4). Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes.
• While rice cooks, zest and quarter lemon. Roughly chop parsley. Pick and roughly chop fronds from dill. • In a small bowl, combine hummus, juice from half the lemon (whole lemon for 4 servings), 1 TBSP olive oil (2 TBSP for 4), and salt to taste.
• When rice is done, fluff with a fork and stir in as much lemon zest as you like. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired. • When veggies and chickpeas are done, add parsley and dill to baking sheet; toss to combine.
• Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds. • Lay tortillas flat on a clean work surface; divide as much rice, veggies and chickpeas, and lemony hummus as you like across bottom third of each tortilla (save any remaining for serving). • Fold bottom side of each tortilla up over filling, then fold over left and right sides toward filling. Roll up tortillas, starting with filled sides, to form wraps.
• Halve wraps on a diagonal. • Divide wraps between plates, with any remaining lemon wedges on the side. Serve any remaining rice, remaining veggies and chickpeas, and remaining lemony hummus alongside; garnish with almonds.