Cha-Cha Chicken & Avocado Salad
with Lettuce, Pepper Jack & Cilantro-Cumin Vinaigrette
Have you fallen into a salad rut? It's just not that easy to come up with a hearty, fresh, filling, yet light and satisfying option. But our chefs are always thinking and here’s what they came up with: garlic- and cumin-sauteed chicken, with luscious diced avocado, crunchy red onion, and juicy tomato over crisp greens, all coated in a sprightly chili-cilantro vinaigrette & sprinkled with pepper jack cheese. Cha-cha ching!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Breast Strips
White Wine Vinegar
Pepper Jack Cheese
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • Pick cilantro leaves from stems; finely chop leaves. Trim and halve chili lengthwise, removing ribs and seeds for less heat; mince chili.
• In a large bowl, combine cilantro, half the vinegar (all for 4 servings), ½ tsp cumin (1 tsp for 4), ½ tsp garlic powder (1 tsp for 4), and as much chili as you like. (You’ll use the rest of the cumin and garlic powder later.) • Whisk in 4 TBSP olive oil (8 TBSP for 4). Taste and season generously with salt and pepper.
• Chop lettuce into bite-size pieces. Halve, pit, peel, and dice avocado. Dice tomato. Peel, halve, and thinly slice half the onion (whole onion for 4 servings).
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; season with remaining cumin, remaining garlic powder, a big pinch of salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Turn off heat; stir in 1 TBSP dressing (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Transfer chicken to a cutting board and chop into bite-size pieces if necessary. Set aside.
• To bowl with dressing, toss together lettuce, avocado, tomato, and sliced onion until coated. Taste and season with salt and pepper. • Stir in half the chicken and half the pepper jack.
• Divide salad between bowls. Top with remaining chicken and remaining pepper jack. Serve.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.