Get ready to be transported to a wine country inn when you tuck in to this chic yet simple dinner. Seared chicken is topped with a lush mushroom sauce that’s perked up with red wine vinegar for beautiful balance. On the side, a crisp green salad topped with smoky bacon and grapes offering pops of freshness, plus there’s garlic bread to scoop up that dreamy sauce.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Ciabatta Bread(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Red Wine Vinegar
• Place 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a small bowl; bring to room temperature. Wash and dry produce. • Halve, peel, and thinly slice half the shallot; finely dice remaining half. Halve ciabatta. Trim and thinly slice mushrooms (skip if your mushrooms are pre-sliced!). Halve grapes.
• In a second small microwave-safe bowl combine sliced shallot, 1 TBSP vinegar, 1 tsp water, ¼ tsp sugar, and a pinch of salt (use 2 TBSP vinegar, 2 tsp water, and ½ tsp sugar for 4 servings). Microwave for 30 seconds. Set aside to pickle, tossing occasionally
• Slice bacon* crosswise into ½-inch pieces. • Heat a large dry pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon in an even layer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until fat is rendered and bacon is crispy, 5-8 minutes. TIP: Lower heat if bacon begins to brown too quickly. • Transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate. Discard all but a thin layer of bacon fat (you’ll use it to cook the chicken).
• While bacon cooks, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. • Return pan with bacon fat to medium-high heat (add a drizzle of oil if needed). Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. TIP: If chicken is on the thicker side, reduce heat to medium after flipping and cover with a lid until cooked through, 5-7 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer chicken to a cutting board and tent with foil to keep warm. Wipe out any burned bits from pan.
• Toast ciabatta. • Add half the garlic powder to bowl with softened butter; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. • Spread cut sides of bread with garlic butter and halve on a diagonal.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for chicken over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, diced shallot, half the thyme (all for 4 servings), a small pinch of salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring, until golden and softened, 2-4 minutes. • Stir in half the flour (all for 4) and remaining garlic powder; cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add remaining vinegar and cook until liquid is absorbed, 1 minute more. • Reduce heat to medium; add demi-glace, half the bacon, and ½ cup water (2⁄3 cup for 4). Cook, stirring, until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Reduce heat to low; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until melted. TIP: Add a splash of water if sauce is too thick.
• In a medium bowl, combine mixed greens, grapes, and pickled shallot with its liquid. Add 2 TBSP olive oil (4 TBSP for 4 servings) and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. • Slice chicken crosswise. • Divide chicken, salad, and garlic bread between plates. Spoon sauce over chicken and top salad with remaining bacon. Serve.
Bacon is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145º.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165º.