Chicken Satay Noodle Toss
with Carrot Ribbons & Peanuts
If you were to ask us, one weekly stir-fry night is mandatory. So is a pasta night. So if you’re looking to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, our chefs have got just the dish for you. You’ll make your own chicken satay with a spicy coconut-based peanut sauce. Mix that up with carrots, scallion, and ramen noodles and you’re ready for stir-fry night.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Breast Strips
(Contains Fish, Soy, Wheat)
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Peel and mince garlic. Quarter lime. Trim and peel carrot. Using a peeler, shave carrot lengthwise into ribbons, rotating as you go, until you get to the core. Discard core. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Roughly chop peanuts.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes.
• While chicken cooks, in a small bowl, whisk together coconut milk, ponzu, chili sauce, soy sauce, half the peanut butter, and juice from half the lime (whole lime for 4 servings) until smooth. TIP: Taste sauce and add more peanut butter if you like a nuttier flavor.
• Stir carrot ribbons and scallion whites into pan with chicken mixture; cook until slightly softened, 1-2 minutes. Season with a big pinch of salt and pepper. • Once water is boiling, add ¾ of the noodles (save the rest for another use) to pot; cook until tender, 1-2 minutes. • Drain noodles and thoroughly rinse under cold water, at least 30 seconds. (This stops the cooking and helps prevent sticky noodles.)
• Stir sauce into pan with stir-fry; bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low. Cook until thickened, 2-4 minutes. • Add drained noodles and toss until everything is thoroughly coated in sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove pan from heat.
• Divide noodle stir-fry between bowls. Garnish with scallion greens and peanuts. Serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side.