It’s hard NOT to love eating your vegetables when they’re fritter-fied, aka covered in batter and cooked until perfectly golden. This zesty corn version is as easy as making pancakes, and just as fun to eat! Southwestern spices and tender corn kernels go right into the batter, which you’ll fry until crisp. Paired with roasted sweet potato wedges, a crisp side salad, and plenty of creamy, smoky ranch dressing for dipping—this is a veggie-packed meal for the books.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Ranch Dressing(ContainsEggs, Milk)
Tempura Mix(ContainsEggs, Milk, Wheat)
Smoky Red Pepper Crema(ContainsMilk, Soy)
Southwest Spice Blend
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Cut sweet potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges. Toss on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• While sweet potatoes roast, halve tomato lengthwise; thinly slice crosswise into half-moons. Roughly chop cilantro. Drain corn. • In a small bowl, combine ranch dressing and smoky red pepper crema.
• In a large bowl, combine tempura mix, Southwest Spice, and 1/3 cup cold water until smooth. Stir in corn, half the cilantro, pepper, and ¾ tsp salt. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2/3 cup cold water and 1½ tsp salt. • TIP: If mixture is too thick, add more water 1 TBSP at a time until it reaches a pancake-batter-like consistency.
• Heat a 1/3-inch layer of oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot enough that a drop of batter sizzles when added to the pan, add heaping ¼-cup scoops of batter to pan, making 6-8 fritters. • Cook until golden brown and crisp, 2-4 minutes per side. • Using a slotted spoon, transfer fritters to a paper-towel-lined plate. Season with a pinch of salt. Turn off heat. • 4 SERVINGS: You’ll make 12-16 fritters. • TIP: You may need to cook fritters in batches. Lower heat if fritters are browning too quickly.
• In a second large bowl, toss mixed greens and tomato with as much smoky ranch dressing as you like. Season with salt and pepper.
• Divide corn fritters, sweet potatoes, and salad between plates. Sprinkle fritters with remaining cilantro. Serve with any remaining smoky ranch dressing on the side.