Mozz-Stuffed Caprese Burgers
with Griddled Tomato, Basil Sauce & Parmesan Potato Rounds
Meet caprese salad—burger-fied! Yep, our chefs transformed everyone’s favorite Italian appetizer into a bodacious burger. And no, they didn’t just combine the two by stacking tomato, mozzarella, and basil on top of a plain ol’ patty—they took it to a whole new level. Think Italian-seasoned beef patties stuffed with melty mozz, then topped with griddled tomato slices and a creamy basil sauce. Everything is tucked into toasty garlic butter buns (read: garlic bread) and served with a heap of crispy Parmesan potato wedges on the side. Buon appetito!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
(Contains Milk, Eggs, Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust racks to top and middle positions and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Slice potatoes into ¼-inch-thick rounds (no need to peel); toss on a baking sheet with 2 TBSP olive oil, half the Italian Seasoning (you’ll use the rest later), and a few big pinches of salt and pepper. Arrange in a single overlapping layer. • Roast on top rack for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven (they’ll finish cooking in step 6). • 4 SERVINGS: Use 4 TBSP olive oil.
• Meanwhile, slice tomato into ½-inchthick rounds. Pick basil leaves from stems; mince leaves. • Place 1 TBSP butter and half the garlic powder (use the rest as you like) in a small bowl; microwave until butter is softened, 10-20 seconds. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 TBSP butter and all the garlic powder.
• In a second small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and 1 TBSP minced basil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 TBSP minced basil.
• In a medium bowl, combine beef*, remaining Italian Seasoning, and remaining basil; season generously with salt and pepper. Form mixture into two ½-inch-thick patties. • Divide mozzarella between the centers of each patty. Gently fold meat around mozzarella, shaping and sealing to create cheese-stuffed patties. • 4 SERVINGS: Form beef mixture into four patties.
• Season tomato with salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over mediumhigh heat. Add tomato and cook until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. • Add another drizzle of olive oil to same pan; add patties and cook to desired doneness, 3-5 minutes per side.
• Sprinkle roasted potatoes with Parmesan. Return to oven until cheese is melted and slightly crispy, 5-7 minutes more. • Meanwhile, halve buns; spread cut sides with garlic butter. Place on a second baking sheet and toast on middle rack until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes. • Spread top buns with basil sauce; fill buns with patties and griddled tomato. Serve with potatoes and any remaining basil sauce on the side.