Prosciutto-Wrapped Apricot Chicken
with Chive Mashed Potatoes & Bistro Green Salad
Sweet plus savory is a reliable formula for a delicious meal! This time around, it’s a savory prosciutto-wrapped chicken cutlet, pan seared till crispy, then roasted to a juicy delectable finish. A touch of sweetness comes from a glaze made with apricot jam, honey, and butter. On the side: ultra-creamy chive mashed potatoes and bright, zippy dressed greens. Spend less time planning and shopping, and more time enjoying your meal with family or friends—it’s the HF way!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Cream Sauce Base
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces; place in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. (TIP: For a smoother texture, peel potatoes first.) Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain and return potatoes to pot; cover to keep warm. • Quarter lemon. Thinly slice chives.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels and season all over with salt and pepper. • Lay two slices of prosciutto beside each other on a flat surface. Place a chicken cutlet along bottom of slices; tightly roll up prosciutto around chicken. Repeat with remaining prosciutto and chicken.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add wrapped chicken and cook until browned, 2-3 minutes per side. Turn off heat; transfer chicken to a baking sheet. Wipe out pan. • Roast on middle rack until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. • Transfer to a cutting board.
• Mash potatoes with a potato masher or fork until smooth. (TIP: If potatoes have cooled, mash over medium-low heat.) • Stir in chives, half the cream sauce base (all for 4 servings), and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until combined. Season generously with salt and pepper. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in pan used for chicken over low heat. Whisk in stock concentrate, apricot jam, and half the honey. • When chicken is done, return to pan with any drippings and turn to coat in sauce. • In a large bowl, whisk together half the mustard, remaining honey, 2 TBSP olive oil, juice from one lemon wedge, salt, and pepper. (For 4, use all the mustard, 4 TBSP olive oil, and juice from two lemon wedges.) • Add mixed greens to bowl and toss to coat.
• Slice chicken crosswise. • Divide chicken, mashed potatoes, and salad between plates. Drizzle any remaining pan sauce over chicken, top salad with almonds, and serve.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.