Southwest Chicken & Pepper Sandos
with Zucchini, Tortilla Chips & Spicy Guacamole
Our chefs are proud to present this veggie-forward, 100% dinner-worthy sandwich that might change the way you think about sandwich fillings... forever. Zucchini and green pepper are roasted in a Southwest-inspired blend of spices, then loaded into crisp baguettes with perfectly pan-seared onion rounds and spicy guacamole. To complete the rainbow: A side of crunchy blue corn chips! Consider this pure vegan victory (in sandwich form).
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Long Green Pepper
Southwest Spice Blend
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and slice zucchini crosswise on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Halve, core, and slice green pepper into ½-inch-thick strips. Peel and thinly slice onion into rounds.
• Toss zucchini and green pepper on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, Southwest Spice Blend, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 15-20 minutes.
• Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine guacamole, garlic powder, and hot sauce to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
Pat chicken dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. Turn off heat; transfer to a cutting board. Wipe out pan.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add onion rounds and cook, undisturbed, until deeply browned and tender, 2-3 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
Use pan used for chicken here.
• Halve baguettes lengthwise. • Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in pan used for onion over medium heat. Add baguettes, cut sides down, and toast until golden brown, 1-3 minutes. TIP: Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to toast in batches, using a large drizzle of olive oil for each batch.
• Spread cut sides of baguettes with half the spicy guacamole. Fill with as many onion rounds and roasted veggies as you like. • Divide sandwiches, tortilla chips, any remaining onion rounds, and any remaining roasted veggies between plates. Serve with remaining spicy guacamole on the side for dipping.
Slice chicken crosswise. Add to sandwiches along with roasted veggies.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.