Spiced Chicken & Roasted Carrot Bowls
with Tangy Hummus Sauce & Apricot-Almond Gremolata
This filling dinner bowl is bursting with warm, sunshiny flavors! Carrots are roasted to bring out their natural sweetness, while lemon juice and yogurt star in a hummus sauce that adds creaminess to every bite. Our chefs also dreamed up a fruity twist on herby gremolata that adds crunch and citrusy tang to Turkish-spiced chicken and rice. So pile your bowls high!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Chicken Breast Strips
Turkish Spice Blend
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into 1-inch-thick pieces. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Zest and quarter lemon.
• Toss carrots on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil, a big pinch of salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack, tossing halfway through, until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Melt 1 TBSP butter in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 1-2 minutes. • Stir in rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add almonds and cook, stirring often, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2-4 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a small bowl. Wipe out pan. • Pat chicken* dry with paper towels and season all over with Turkish Spice Blend, salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken in a single layer; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes.
• While chicken cooks, add apricots, scallion greens, lemon zest, a squeeze of lemon juice, a large drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to bowl with almonds; stir to combine. Set aside. • In a medium bowl, whisk together hummus, yogurt, a squeeze of lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper until smooth.
• Fluff rice with a fork. • Divide rice, carrots, and chicken between bowls in separate sections. Drizzle with hummus sauce. Top with gremolata. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.