Spicy Tex-Mex Chicken Soup
with Crushed Tortilla Chips & Sour Cream
Name ONE thing more soul-warming than a steamy bowl of chicken soup... (We’ll wait.) In the meantime, let us introduce you to this version, which is ready in just 15 minutes. We warm fully cooked chicken breast in a pot with scallions, tomato, chicken stock, and our flavor-packed Tex-Mex paste to create a hearty broth, then simmer until the flavors meld and the soup emerges victorious. When it comes to toppings, we didn’t slouch: sprinkle on zingy scallion greens, crushed blue corn tortilla chips, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice, then dollop with tangy sour cream, grab a big spoon and dig right in.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Fully Cooked Chicken Breasts
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce.
• Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Dice tomato into ½-inch pieces. Quarter lime.
• Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites, chicken, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until scallion whites are tender and chicken is warmed through, 2-4 minutes.
• Add tomato, Tex-Mex paste, and stock concentrates; stir to combine. Stir in 2½ cups water (4 cups for 4 servings); bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium low. Cook, stirring often, until flavors meld and soup has thickened slightly, 4-6 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in half the sour cream.
• Divide soup between bowls. Dollop with remaining sour cream and sprinkle with scallion greens. Crush tortilla chips over top and serve with a squeeze of lime juice.