We firmly believe pasta night is a holiday—one that should be celebrated at least once a week, if not more. But when a pasta and meatball craving strikes on a weeknight, who has the time to make those meatballs from scratch? Enter: our not-so-secret ingredient, pre-cooked turkey meatballs. We sear them for a gorgeous crust that forms in just minutes, then toss with al dente penne noodles in a creamy tomato sauce with Parmesan. Now, let the carb celebrations commence!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Pre-Cooked Turkey Meatballs(ContainsEggs, Wheat)
Cream Sauce Base(ContainsMilk)
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Halve, peel, and mince shallot. Peel and mince garlic.
• Remove meatballs* from packaging. • Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and warmed through, 3-5 minutes. • Transfer to a plate.
• Once water is boiling, stir penne into pot. Cook until al dente, 9-12 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water, then drain.
• While pasta cooks, melt 2 TBSP butter (3 TBSP for 4 servings) in pan used for meatballs over medium heat. Stir in shallot and garlic; cook, stirring, until softened, 2-3 minutes. • Add half the Italian Seasoning (all for 4) and a pinch of chili flakes if desired; cook for 30 seconds. • Stir in tomato paste; cook for 1 minute.
• Pour ¾ cup plain water (1½ cups for 4 servings) into pan; stir until smooth. • Cut top off carton of cream sauce base to open fully; pour contents into pan. Using a spoon or spatula, scrape any remaining sauce from carton into pan. Add half the Parmesan (save the rest for serving), 1 tsp sugar (2 tsp for 4), and ½ tsp salt (1 tsp for 4). • Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed. Turn off heat.
• Stir meatballs and drained penne into pan with sauce until coated. If needed, stir in reserved pasta cooking water a splash at a time until everything is coated in sauce. • Divide pasta between bowls. Top with remaining Parmesan and more chili flakes if desired. Serve.