Buttery Garlic-Herb Chicken
with Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus & Herbed Potatoes
This meal is kinda like those movies that pack in as many famous actors as it can. Is the garlic-herb butter chicken the star? Or is it the prosciutto-wrapped asparagus in a best-supporting role? Maybe it’s the herby roasted potatoes! Although, the unexpected garlic cameo in the pan sauce is sure to draw critical acclaim. Whichever star of the show is your fave, this dinner is sure to be up for nominations. And the award for best chef goes to... you!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Garlic Herb Butter
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bring garlic herb butter to room temperature. Wash and dry produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces; toss on one side of a baking sheet with half the basil oil (all for 4), salt, and pepper. (For 4, spread potatoes out across entire sheet.) • Peel garlic. Place whole cloves in the center of a small piece of foil. Drizzle with oil; season with salt and pepper. Cinch into a packet and place on same sheet. • Roast on top rack until potatoes are browned and tender and garlic is softened, 20-25 minutes. (You’ll add more to the sheet after 15 minutes.)
• Trim and discard woody bottom ends from asparagus.
• Gather asparagus into four even bundles (eight bundles for 4 servings) on a clean work surface. Starting 1 inch from the bottom of the spears, roll up each bundle in a slice of prosciutto, so that the prosciutto covers as much length as possible. TIP: Tug the prosciutto a little as you wrap to keep it tight around the asparagus. • Once potatoes have roasted 15 minutes, remove sheet from oven. Carefully place wrapped asparagus on empty side. Roast until asparagus are tender and prosciutto is crispy on the bottom, 10 minutes. (For 4 servings, leave potatoes and garlic roasting; add asparagus to a second sheet and roast on middle rack.) • Remove sheet from oven; flip wrapped asparagus. Return to oven until crispy all over, 2-4 minutes more.
• Meanwhile, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season generously all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • In the last 2 minutes of cooking, reduce heat to low; add half the garlic herb butter to pan. Spoon over chicken until coated. Turn off heat; leaving butter in pan, transfer chicken to a cutting board.
• While chicken rests, carefully transfer garlic to a cutting board and mash cloves with a fork until smooth. • Heat pan used for chicken over medium-high heat. Stir in demi-glace and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings); simmer until slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat. • Stir in crème fraîche and garlic. (TIP: If sauce seems too thick, add water 1 tsp at a time until it reaches a drizzling consistency.) Season with salt and pepper.
• Once potatoes are finished roasting, carefully add potatoes and remaining garlic herb butter to a large bowl. Toss until butter has melted and potatoes are evenly coated. • Divide chicken, wrapped asparagus, and potatoes between plates. Drizzle chicken with as much sauce as you like. Serve with any remaining sauce on the side for dipping.