Don’t get us wrong, we adore sweet dishes with pineapple (Hello, upside-down cake and piña coladas!). But something magical happens when the fruit is used in savory dishes. Here, we char the pineapple for caramelized notes, then stir into a salsa with tomato, onion, cilantro, and lime. It makes the perfect refreshing-yet-sweet topping for zesty, savory chicken tacos. Dollop over smoky red pepper crema for cooling balance, then take one bite and let the flavor party begin.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Long Green Pepper
Chicken Breast Strips
Southwest Spice Blend
Smoky Red Pepper Crema(ContainsMilk, Soy)
• Wash and dry all produce. • Dice tomato. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion; mince a few slices until you have 2 TBSP. Roughly chop cilantro. Quarter lime. Halve, core, and thinly slice green pepper into strips. • 4 SERVINGS: Mince a few slices of onion until you have 4 TBSP.
• Drain pineapple, discarding juice; pat dry with paper towels. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add pineapple and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a small bowl. Wipe out pan.
• To bowl with pineapple, add tomato, minced onion, half the cilantro, and lime juice to taste; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for pineapple over medium-high heat. Add green pepper and cook until slightly softened, 3-4 minutes. • Add sliced onion and cook until veggies are browned and softened, 4-5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate.
• Meanwhile, pat chicken* dry with paper towels and season all over with Southwest Spice, salt, and pepper. • Once veggies are done, heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes.
• While chicken cooks, wrap tortillas in damp paper towels; microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds. • Divide tortillas between plates and fill with chicken and veggies. Top with pineapple salsa, smoky red pepper crema, and remaining cilantro. Serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side.