Cheddar Patty Melts
with Dijon Caramelized Onion & Potato Wedges
Can you recall the first time you had a patty melt (aka a burger between sliced bread)? Golden, crispy toast replacing that standard squishy bun? Revelatory—like a burger and a grilled cheese joined forces into one super sandwich. In true HelloFresh fashion, we’ve taken ours to the next level by adding melty cheddar and a tangle of Dijon-spiked caramelized onions. On the side, there’s seasoned potato wedges and ketchup for dipping (because how could we not). Let us raise your dinner standards yet again!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Beef Stock Concentrate
Bold & Savory Steak Spice
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion. Cut potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges.
• Toss potatoes on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, Fry Seasoning, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until golden brown and crispy, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, heat a large drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and softened, 8-10 minutes. • Stir in mustard, half the stock concentrate (you’ll use the rest later), 1 TBSP water, and ½ tsp sugar; season with salt and pepper. Cook until caramelized and jammy, 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a small bowl. Wipe out pan. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 TBSP water and 1 tsp sugar.
• In a large bowl, combine beef*, Steak Spice, and remaining stock concentrate; season with pepper and ¾ tsp salt. Form into two oval patties, each about the size of a sourdough slice. • Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for onion over medium-high heat. Add patties; press down slightly to flatten. Cook to desired doneness, 3-5 minutes per side. Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan. • 4 SERVINGS: Season with 1½ tsp salt. Form four oval patties. • TIP: For 4 servings, save time by using two pans.
• Evenly sprinkle half the sourdough with cheddar. Top with patties, caramelized onion, and remaining sourdough to create sandwiches. • Melt 1 TBSP butter in pan used for patties over medium-high heat. Add sandwiches with cheese layer toward the bottom. Cook, gently pressing with a spatula or heavy-bottomed pan, until cheese melts and bread is golden, 1-3 minutes per side. • 4 SERVINGS: You may need to work in batches when cooking sandwiches. • TIP: If needed, add more butter to the pan after flipping.
• Transfer patty melts to a cutting board. Slice each in half on a diagonal; divide between plates with potato wedges. Serve with ketchup on the side for dipping.