Chicken Tortilla Soup
with Charred Corn & Monterey Jack
Name ONE thing more soul-warming than a steamy, spiced bowl of chicken tortilla soup... We’ll wait. In the meantime, let us introduce you to this version, which is ready in just 35 minutes. We stir chicken breast strips and charred corn into a Tex Mex spiced broth, then simmer until the broth is thick and the chicken is tender. When it comes to toppings, we didn’t slouch either: sprinkle over melty Monterey Jack, crushed blue corn tortilla chips, and scallions, then dollop with sour cream and dig on in.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Breast Strips
Southwest Spice Blend
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Food Should Taste Good™ Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
Monterey Jack Cheese
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • Drain and rinse corn; thoroughly pat dry with paper towels. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. • Pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with Southwest Spice, salt, and pepper.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pot over high heat (use a large pot for 4 servings). Add corn and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and lightly charred in spots, 4-6 minutes. (TIP: If corn begins to pop, cover pot.) Transfer to a medium bowl.
• Reduce heat under pot to medium high; add a drizzle of oil and chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes (it’ll finish cooking later).
• Add scallion whites to pot; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Return corn to pot. Stir in Tex-Mex paste; cook 30 seconds. • Pour in 3 cups water (5½ cups for 4 servings), stock concentrate, and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pot. • Set aside a few tortilla chips for garnish; using your hands, crush remaining chips into small pieces and stir into soup.
• Reduce heat under pot with soup to medium. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until broth is slightly thickened and chicken is cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Divide soup between bowls and let cool slightly. Top with Monterey Jack, scallion greens, and sour cream. Crush remaining tortilla chips and sprinkle over soup. Serve.