Cranberry-Thyme Roasted Chicken
with Potato Pancakes, Harvest Salad & Chive Sour Cream
What time is it? Cranberry thyme! This delectable dinner stars a tantalizing mix of cranberry jam, red wine vinegar, and thyme swirled into a tangy-sweet sauce for roasted chicken. Crispy potato pancakes, paired with a chive sour cream dipper, make the ideal side dish. And while all of that would be perfectly delicious on its own, you’ll take it over the top with a harvest salad tossed with apple, white cheddar, and pecans. Yep, going the extra mile is just your style.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Eggs, Milk, Wheat)
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Red Wine Vinegar
White Cheddar Cheese
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Grate potatoes on the largest holes of a box grater. Halve and peel onion; grate on the largest holes of a box grater until you have 1⁄4 cup (1⁄2 cup for 4 servings). (Save remaining onion for another use.) Finely chop chives. Halve, core, and thinly slice apple.
• Place potatoes and grated onion in the center of a clean kitchen towel; gather into a tight bundle and wring over the sink to remove excess moisture. • In a medium bowl (large bowl for 4 servings), combine grated potato mixture, 1⁄3 cup water (2⁄3 cup for 4), 1⁄4 cup tempura batter mix (1⁄2 cup for 4), a big pinch of salt, and pepper. TIP: Potato mixture should be sticky and adhere to itself when pressed together—if too dry, add water 1 tsp at a time; if too wet, add tempura batter mix 1 tsp at a time.
• In a small bowl, combine sour cream and half the chives. • In a separate small microwave-safe bowl, combine jam, stock concentrates, 1⁄4 tsp thyme, 2 tsp vinegar, and 1 tsp water. (For 4 servings, use 1⁄2 tsp thyme, 4 tsp vinegar, and 2 tsp water.) Microwave for 45 seconds until warmed through. Stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until melted. Season cranberry sauce with salt and pepper. Cover bowl with plastic wrap to keep warm. • In a large bowl, combine mustard, remaining vinegar, 2 TBSP olive oil (4 TBSP for 4), and 1 tsp sugar (2 tsp for 4). Season dressing with salt and pepper.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over high heat. Once oil is hot, add chicken and sear on one side until golden brown on bottom, 2-3 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer chicken, seared sides up, to a baking sheet. Roast on top rack until cooked through, 12-18 minutes. Wash out pan.
• While chicken roasts, heat a 1⁄3-inch layer of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot enough that a drop of potato mixture sizzles when added to the pan, carefully add heaping 1 TBSP scoops of potato mixture to pan; press down lightly with the back of a spoon to form 1⁄4-inch-thick pancakes. Cook until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side. TIP: Don’t crowd the pan! You may need to work in batches. Lower heat to medium if browning too quickly. • Transfer potato pancakes to a paper-towel- lined plate. Season immediately with salt.
• Add mixed greens, apple, cheddar, and pecans to bowl with dressing. Toss to coat; taste and season with salt and pepper. • Reheat cranberry sauce in microwave for 10-15 seconds if necessary. • Slice chicken crosswise. • Divide chicken, potato pancakes, and salad between plates. Spoon cranberry sauce over chicken; sprinkle chicken and potato pancakes with remaining chives. Serve with chive sour cream on the side for dipping.