Garlic Herb Chicken
with Grape Frico Salad and Honey Dijon–Shallot Dressing
This chicken and salad combo isn’t just carb smart, it’s carb clever. Instead of topping mixed greens with the usual croutons, our genius chefs opted for pieces of frico. These crisp shards of thin baked Parmesan have a super savory, almost nutty flavor that goes oh so well with sweet grapes, carrot ribbons, and the pickled shallot dressing. We got so excited about the salad we almost forgot to tell you about the chicken! Juicy slices of white meat chicken are seasoned with garlic and parsley then drizzled with more of the dressing. It’s a dinner that’s sure to leaf you satisfied.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Honey Dijon Dressing
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Roughly chop parsley leaves and stems. Halve, peel, and mince shallot until you have 1 TBSP (2 TBSP for 4). Quarter lemon. Trim and peel carrot. Using a peeler, shave carrot lengthwise into ribbons, rotating as you go, until you get to the core. Discard core. Halve grapes lengthwise.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels. Season all over with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle all over with chopped parsley. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, 2-3 minutes per side. (It’ll finish cooking in the next step.) • Transfer chicken to one side of a baking sheet. (For 4 servings, spread out across entire sheet.)
• Sprinkle Parmesan into two 3-inch-wide circles (four circles for 4 servings) on opposite side of sheet from chicken. (For 4, use a second baking sheet; bake chicken on top rack, frico on middle rack.) Bake on top rack until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted and crispy at the edges, 5-7 minutes. • Transfer chicken to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. • Let frico cool on sheet until crispy, then transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
• In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine shallot, juice from half the lemon, 1 tsp sugar, and a pinch of salt. (For 4 servings, use juice from whole lemon, and 2 tsp sugar.) Cover bowl with plastic wrap; microwave for 30 seconds. Set aside to cool for at least 30 seconds.
• To bowl with pickled shallot, add honey Dijon dressing, 1 TBSP olive oil (2 TBSP for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt and pepper; whisk to combine. • In a medium bowl, toss mixed greens and carrot ribbons with half the sweet shallot dressing (save the rest for serving).
• Thinly slice chicken crosswise. • Break frico into bite-size pieces. • Divide salad and chicken between plates. Drizzle remaining dressing over chicken. Top salad with grapes and frico. Serve.