Finding yourself in a meatloaf rut? Enter: this sweet and savory version. First, we blend ground beef with citrusy ponzu, aromatic garlic and ginger, and panko breadcrumbs. Next, we form the mixture into mini loaves so everyone gets their own. The pièce de résistance? We swap out the usual ketchup glaze for a blend of sweet soy and spicy Thai chili sauce. Add a jumble of roasted sweet potatoes and bell pepper and a drizzle of chili lime mayo, and your routine meat-and-spuds dinner doesn’t stand a chance.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Ponzu Sauce(ContainsWheat, Fish, Soy)
Sweet Soy Glaze(ContainsWheat, Soy)
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens; mince whites. Peel and mince or grate garlic and ginger. Dice sweet potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Core, deseed, and dice bell pepper into ½-inch pieces. Quarter lime.
• In a large bowl, combine beef*, panko, ponzu, scallion whites, garlic, and ginger. Season with salt (we used ½ tsp; 1 tsp for 4 servings) and pepper. Form mixture into two 1-inch-tall loaves (four loaves for 4). • Line one side of a baking sheet with foil and lightly oil; place loaves on foillined side. (For 4, line whole sheet; spread out loaves across entire sheet.) Fold up a bit of foil to create a barrier in the middle of the sheet. TIP: Don’t have foil on hand? Roast meatloaves and veggies on separate sheets.
• Add sweet potatoes and bell pepper to unlined side of same sheet; toss with a large drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. (For 4 servings, toss veggies on a second sheet; roast meatloaves on top rack and veggies on middle rack.) • Roast on top rack until meatloaves are browned and veggies are slightly tender, 20 minutes. (The meatloaves and veggies will finish cooking in step 5.)
• Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise with a squeeze of lime juice to taste and as much Sriracha as you like.
• Once meatloaves and veggies have roasted 20 minutes, remove sheet from oven. (For 4 servings, leave veggies roasting.) Carefully brush meatloaves with half the sweet soy glaze (save the rest for serving). • Return to top rack until meatloaves are cooked through, glaze is tacky, and veggies are tender, 3-5 minutes more.
Top meatloaves with remaining sweet soy glaze. Drizzle meatloaves and veggie jumble with spicy lime mayo and sprinkle with scallion greens. Divide between plates and serve.