Ready to be bowled over with deliciousness? These grain bowls come at you with juicy, saucy ground turkey that’s spiced to evoke flavors of the Middle East. For the base, we opted for bulgur, a whole grain wheat that’s a little nutty—just like your quirky lovable friend. Tender zucchini and a drizzle of creamy cilantro yogurt make this the bowl package!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Tunisian Spice Blend
Chicken Stock Concentrate
• Wash and dry produce. • Peel and mince or grate garlic. Halve tomatoes. Trim and dice zucchini into ½-inch pieces. Halve, peel, and finely dice half the onion (whole onion for 4 servings). Zest and quarter lemon. Pick cilantro leaves from stems; finely chop leaves.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic, bulgur, and ½ tsp Tunisian Spice (1 tsp for 4 servings). (You’ll use the rest of the Tunisian Spice later.) Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Add half the tomatoes; cook, stirring, until softened, 1-2 minutes. • Stir in half the stock concentrates, 1 cup water (2 cups for 4), and salt (we used ¼ tsp; ½ tsp for 4). Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Cook until bulgur is tender and liquid has absorbed, 12-15 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• While bulgur cooks, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until browned and tender, 4-7 minutes. • Transfer to a plate and tent with foil.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add diced onion and cook, stirring, until softened, 4-5 minutes. • Add turkey*, cumin, remaining Tunisian Spice, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned, 3-4 minutes. • Add remaining tomatoes and cook until slightly softened and turkey is cooked through, 2-3 minutes.
• Stir tomato paste, juice from half the lemon wedges, remaining stock concentrates, ½ cup water (¾ cup for 4 servings), and 1 tsp sugar (2 tsp for 4) into pan with turkey mixture. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low; cook until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes. • Remove from heat; season with salt and pepper. Add another squeeze of lemon juice if desired.
• In a small bowl, combine yogurt, cilantro, and a pinch of lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches drizzling consistency. • Divide bulgur and turkey mixture between bowls in separate sections. Top with zucchini. Drizzle with cilantro yogurt and serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.