Pork Chops with Mushroom Marinara
plus Roasted Potato & Bell Pepper Jumble
Pork chops may be basic (we like to say “classic”), but they never have to be boring! Especially these juicy, satisfying chops topped with lots of garlicky mushroom-studded marinara sauce. Fresh Fam, you know by now: It’s all about that powerhouse pan sauce! Tender roasted bell peppers and half-moon potatoes complete the plate for a dinner idea that’s filling, flavorful, and a far cry from your everyday “other white meat.”
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Green Bell Pepper
Mushroom Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Halve potatoes lengthwise; slice crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Halve, core, and thinly slice bell pepper into strips. Trim and thinly slice mushrooms (skip this step if your mushrooms are pre-sliced!). Peel and mince or grate garlic.
• Toss potatoes and bell pepper on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 18-20 minutes.
• Meanwhile, pat pork* dry with paper towels and season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer to a cutting board to rest. Wipe out pan. TIP: Tent pork with foil to keep warm until ready to serve.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for pork over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and slightly crispy, 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. • Add garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is fragrant and mushrooms are browned and crispy, 1 to 2 minutes more.
• Stir marinara, stock concentrate, and ½ cup water (¾ cup for 4 servings) into pan with mushroom mixture. Bring to a simmer; cook until sauce thickens slightly, 1-2 minutes. • Remove from heat; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until melted.
• Slice pork crosswise. • Divide pork and roasted veggies between plates. Spoon mushroom marinara over pork and serve.
Pork is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145°.