When it comes to the rice bowl, you know us: we love to throw together all the textures and flavors for so many delicious combinations. Our chefs took it up a notch with tonight’s sweet soy glazed pull pork (texture #1), tender green beans (#2), fluffy jasmine rice (#3), crunchy peanuts (#4), and creamy Sriracha mayo (#5). We did the math, and that’s five flavors and textures that are sure make one un-bowl-ievable dinner.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Ponzu Sauce(ContainsFish, Soy, Wheat)
Sweet Soy Glaze(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Rice Wine Vinegar
• In a small pot, combine rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve. • Meanwhile, wash and dry produce. Peel and mince or grate ginger. Trim green beans if necessary; cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces.
• Tear pork* into small pieces if necessary. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add pork and ginger; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until pork is warmed through, 2-3 minutes. • Stir in ponzu, vinegar, 2½ TBSP sweet soy glaze (5 TBSP for 4 servings), ¼ cup water (½ cup for 4), and ½ tsp sugar (1 tsp for 4). Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer until saucy, 1-2 minutes. • Remove pan from heat and stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until melted.
• While pork cooks, add green beans and a splash of water to a medium microwave-safe bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave until tender, 1-2 minutes. Carefully uncover and drain. • Add green beans to pan with pork and stir to combine.
• In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise with Sriracha to taste. Stir in water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Divide rice between bowls and top with pulled pork and green beans. Garnish with peanuts. Drizzle with Sriracha mayo and serve.