Put down that delivery menu! This spicy-sweet stir-fry (say that 5 times fast) has got you covered. You’ll toss beef and green beans in an addictive Szechuan sauce that’s got just the right level of heat. Everything’s served over steamy, ginger-infused rice, then topped with crunchy candied peanuts. Plus, it’s all ready in just 30 minutes—take that, takeout!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Szechuan Paste(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Sweet Soy Glaze(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
• Wash and dry produce. • Peel and mince or grate ginger. Trim green beans if necessary; cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens.
• Melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add half the ginger; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. • Stir in rice, 1¼ cups water (2¼ cups water for 4), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Meanwhile, place green beans in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Add a splash of water, then cover with plastic wrap. Microwave until tender, 1-2 minutes. Uncover, drain, and set aside. • Heat a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add peanuts, 1 tsp sugar (2 tsp for 4 servings), and 2 TBSP water. Cook, stirring, until water has evaporated and peanuts are coated and lightly toasted, 3-5 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer to a small bowl. Wash out pan.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in pan used for peanuts over medium-high heat. Add beef* and cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned, 4-6 minutes (it’ll finish cooking in the next step).
• Stir green beans, scallion whites, remaining ginger, and 1 tsp sugar (2 tsp for 4 servings) into pan with beef. Cook, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan, until ginger is fragrant, 1 minute. TIP: If ginger and scallion whites begin to brown too quickly, reduce heat to medium low. • Stir in Szechuan paste, sweet soy glaze, and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4). Cook, stirring, until beef is cooked through and everything is thoroughly coated in sauce, 1-2 minutes. • Remove pan from heat.
• Fluff rice with a fork; season with salt and pepper. Taste Szechuan beef and green beans and season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice between bowls and top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with scallion greens and peanuts. Serve.